Highly strategic and creative content and social media marketer with a proven track record of delivering content and engagement, while effectively growing online communities for established brands. Recent successes include:
- Led global content marketing and social media strategy that increased website traffic by 139% to 15M annual sessions in one year.
- Grew active email database organically 100% to 150K+ subscribers
- Drove 70% growth year over year in leisure hotel bookings on sftravel.com
- Created and launched the “Always Welcome” campaign in direct response to the travel ban. The campaign reached 10 million people in the UK, Canada and Mexico. It generated more than 3 million video views
Expertise in marketing strategy and planning, brand building, international marketing, content marketing, global social media, influencer marketing, display, native and social advertising, SEO, SEM, marketing automation, CRM, landing page optimization and events. Proven ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve success, as well as building relationships with content creators and social media influencers. I am also an avid public speaker who has spoken in front of a wide variety of audiences.
Director, Global Digital MARKETING
San Francisco Travel Association
June 2017 – Present | San Francisco Bay Area
Previous roles: Sr. Manager, Content and Social Media Marketing (July 2015 - May 2017), Manager, Content and Social Media Marketing (November 2014 - June 2015), Manager, Digital and Social Media Marketing (December 2010 - October 2014)
Head of global digital marketing responsible for leading content development and advertising, social media strategy planning, influencer relationship management and analytics across consumer, business to business and international visitors for the official destination marketing organization for San Francisco geared to driving 24M+ leisure, business and international travelers to the city. Report directly to the VP of Marketing Communications. Set and manage all digital advertising, content and social media budgets.
- Lead the company's content marketing and strategic direction. This includes:
- Developing a metrics-based approach measuring effectiveness tied to business objectives and personas
- Creating and maintaining the master content calendar for the entire website
- Built the San Francisco Travel content style guide to onboard and train employees and freelance writers
- Write compelling, dynamic content that inspires and moves business into action
- Create and maintain strategic relationships with community of writers, influencers and agencies
- Set and maintain SEO and photo standards across the website, social media
- Optimize content based on web analytics analysis and social media feedback
- Negotiated content partnerships with the Bold Italic, Noise Pop Music Festival, the Tablehopper, Priime Photo App
- Built and manage influencer identification process. Have worked with influencers such as Karl the Fog (400K+ followers), Pei Ketron (800K+ followers), Sjana Elise (1M+ followers), Luke Beard (36K+ followers) and Cynthia Lihn (25K+ followers)
- Developed company-wide social media strategy and drove execution for all organizational segments leading to more than 1 million followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. This includes:
- Managing all consumer social media platforms on a day-to-day basis
- Managing paid advertising campaigns on all native and social media platforms including creative management, conversion tracking and optimization
- Achieved 500K views with first Facebook Live Video Series featuring local San Francisco chefs
Senior Social Media Manager
January 2010 – December 2010 | Los Angeles Area
Previous roles: Social Media Manager (January 2009 - December 2009)
Lead social media marketing across all clients, which included Fortune 500 companies in the automotive, entertainment and technology and video game industries for Creative Asylum, an integrated advertising agency focused on building lasting digital, social and video campaigns. Supervised and managed a team of six.
- Managed social media presence for Fox Home Entertainment, EA Mobile, Game Show Network, Ducati
- Grew the Fight Club Facebook page to more than 1M followers, the first movie to eclipse that mark
Online Project Manager
August 2007 – January 2009 | Los Angeles Area
Managed online/social media marketing at A.D.D. Marketing and Advertising, an alternative marketing agency
Awards & Honors
Adrian Gold for “Always Welcome” Campaign, HSMAI (2017)
Adrian Gold for Summer of Love 50th Anniversary Campaign, HSMAI (2017)
Destiny Award for the Summer of Love 50th Anniversary Campaign, ESTO (2017)
“30 Under 30” Emerging Leader in Tourism and Travel, California Travel Summit (2012)
Magellan Gold Award, Travel Weekly (2012)
Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Advertising, Facebook Audience Insights, Instagram Advertising, Twitter Advertising, Taboola Native Adverising, Snapchat Marketing, Live Video Production, Simply Measured (social Media analytics), Mailchimp, CMS (Drupal, Wordpress), relational databases, MS office (including Excel and Powerpoint), Photoshop. Basic html.
B.S., Business Administration, Emphasis: Marketing, Management, University of Colorado, Boulder (2007)
World traveler. Traveled to Belgium. Belize, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Taiwan, Uruguay, Vietnam.
Foodie. I follow my stomach and am the go to friend for restaurant recommendations. Started my own eating club called #DinnerWithDan, where four random friends would let me cook for them.
Reader. I am a voracious reader of novels, news and articles. I started my own monthly newsletter called the Reading List, where I share books, articles and other media I’ve devoured over the last month.
Aspiring Spanish speaker. I had a 100-day streak on Duolingo going at one time.
Fantasy football player. Have never won. Not even close, but it is still so much fun.
Music mixtape maker. My Spotify playlist, which I started back in 2011, has grown to more than 1,800 songs.